Dr. Ronald P. Rogers
Support for your body's natural healing capabilities
Click here for details
Click here for information
What's Going On
Columbia Gas Dept.
GAS LEAK or GAS SMELL
24 hrs/ 365 days
270-384-2006 or 9-1-1
Call before you dig
Directory of Churches
phone numbers and more
for churches in Adair County
Find Great Stuff in
Antiques, Help Wanted,
Autos, Real Estate,
Legal Notices, More...
Economic Development Authority to meet Tuesday, April 19
The Columbia Adair County Economic Development Board of Directors will meet Tuesday, April 19, 2022 at 8amCT, 201 Burkesville Street, Columbia.
The meeting will be held in the upstairs conference room after having been held in the lower level basement meeting room for the past two years due to COVID-19.
Agenda ~ Board of Directors Meeting ~ Tuesday, April 19, 2022
8 a.m. CT, 201 Burkesville Street, Columbia, KY
NOTE: MOVING BACK TO UPSTAIRS CONFERENCE ROOM AFTER 2 + YEARS
Presiding - Bobby Morrison, Chairman
Welcome, Call to Order, Determination of a Quorum, Pledge of Allegiance & Prayer
Approval of Minutes as presented - Kenzie Rowe, Secretary
Approval of Treasurer's Report as presented - Roger Meadows, Treasurer
1. Update on 2nd entrance planning problems, alternate temporary connection solution, KY Hwy Dept agreement, projected bid date, etc.
2. New business cards, hand out & spread around & encourage people to go to site to help move our site up on the pecking order with Google & others
3. Heather & I presented to Chamber of Commerce & they were really impressed with all this GREAT BOARD OF DIRECTORS has accomplished & our VISION. One of my core values/ sayings: 'EVERYONE LIKES TO JOIN A PRADE THAT IS GOING SOMEWHERE'. Thanks to you all we have: CONCIEVED, VISUALIZED, PLANED, ORGANIZED & EXECUTED so I believe we are ready & well into accomplishing/ attaining our ultimate goal of developing our park. SUCESS WILL COME!!!
4. Working with Greg Greer on clearing contracted area to left of current service road area when dry enough
5. Ribbon cuttings:
a. Indian Grounds Coffey Bar in the Library at Adair County High School, Monday
b. Genealogy Center opening event @ Adair County Public Library, Tuesday
6. Wild Idea: What about making old silo into Visitor/Guest House? Somewhere in past I have reviewed plans where some of them have been made into homes. Think some were old lighthouses on sea & great lakes.
7. Bush Hog & re-seed new road banks, maybe drill seed. Who can we get to do? Who will arrange & manage execution?
8. Other business:
a. Executive Session per KRS 61.810(g). (g) Discussions between a public agency and a representative of a business entity and discussions concerning a specific proposal, if open discussions would jeopardize the siting, retention, expansion, or upgrading of the business. General Nature: To review and discuss a proposal from a potential client.
b. Re-group after Executive Session
9. Motion to adjourn
Adjourn: Next regular meeting, Tuesday, May 17, 2022 at 8 a.m. CT
This story was posted on 2022-04-17 21:39:17
Printable: this page is now automatically formatted for printing.
Have comments or corrections for this story? Use our contact form and let us know.
More articles from topic Local Government:
ARPA Committee Meeting Monday
Good Friday Closings
Adair proclaims Public Safety Telecommunications Week
County Clerk's Office holiday schedule
Agenda for Regular Called Fiscal Court Meeting
New resource, KARES, makes finding help go more quickly
Child Abuse Prevention Month proclaimed in Adair
Mayor's highlights of the month of March 2022
Trash for Cash program returning to Adair County
Columbia Duck Derby will be Saturday, April 30
View even more articles in topic Local Government
Bank of Columbia
The Best of
Local Stories of
The Greatest Generation
Order Book or e-Book
See who's celebrating
Birthdays and Anniversaries
Special Events List
Contact us: Columbia Magazine and columbiamagazine.com are published by D'Zine, Ltd., PO Box 906, Columbia, KY 42728.