Dr. Ronald P. Rogers
Support for your body's natural healing capabilities
Click here for details
Click here for information
What's Going On
Columbia Gas Dept.
GAS LEAK or GAS SMELL
24 hrs/ 365 days
270-384-2006 or 9-1-1
Call before you dig
Directory of Churches
phone numbers and more
for churches in Adair County
Find Great Stuff in
Antiques, Help Wanted,
Autos, Real Estate,
Legal Notices, More...
Six foods that can make you more hungry
After rich holiday eating, it may pay to bring meals back into focus toward a healthier lifestyle. Some foods can actually leave you hungry after consuming them. Here are six of them.
According to Aurora Health, the following foods can cause a rapid drop in blood sugar, which can lead to hunger.
1. Fruit juice: The fiber is stripped out in processing. So with no fat or protein, but lots of sugar, juice causes a quick rise in blood sugar then a quick drop leading to hunger.
2. Yogurt: Some types are high in sugar and all types require very little chewing. Chewing helps make people feel full. Greek yogurt is better because it is higher in protein, promoting more satisfaction. Add fresh fruit to provide fiber.
3. White pasta: Low in fiber and high in carbohydrates, pasta provides few vitamins while increasing blood sugar.
4. Chips/pretzels: These high-sodium snacks lead to dehydration. People make feel hungry later, but they may really be really thirsty.
5. Muffins: Sound healthy? Like pies and donuts, muffins break down quickly into sugar, which signals the body to release insulin, which lowers blood sugar. Then you feel hungry.
6. Alcohol: Lowers your inhibitions and makes you crave carbs.
This story was posted on 2021-11-27 20:36:57
Printable: this page is now automatically formatted for printing.
Have comments or corrections for this story? Use our contact form and let us know.
More articles from topic Health Care:
Virtual Healthy Baby Workshops in December
Signing ceremony for CMC inclusion as part of TJCMF
T.J. Community Mission Foundation Board Members Retire
Pediatric COVID Vaccination Clinic
Community Medical Care to be included in TJCMF
Drive-Through Vaccine Clinic Thursday
TJRH Moderna Booster Clinic, Fri 19 Nov 2021
Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccinations available for ages 5-11 at TJRH
TJRH Bariatric Seminar
Beth Partin featured in Intl Council of Nurses video
View even more articles in topic Health Care
Bank of Columbia
The Best of
Local Stories of
The Greatest Generation
Order Book or e-Book
See who's celebrating
Birthdays and Anniversaries
Special Events List
Contact us: Columbia Magazine and columbiamagazine.com are published by D'Zine, Ltd., PO Box 906, Columbia, KY 42728.