Dr. Ronald P. Rogers
Support for your body's natural healing capabilities
Click here for details
Click here for information
GUN & PAWN
What's Going On
Columbia Gas Dept.
GAS LEAK or GAS SMELL
24 hrs/ 365 days
270-384-2006 or 9-1-1
Call before you dig
Directory of Churches
phone numbers and more
for churches in Adair County
Find Great Stuff in
Antiques, Help Wanted,
Autos, Real Estate,
Legal Notices, More...
On This Site
or Click Here
Mayor's Report - August 2021 highlights
By Mayor Pam Hoots
1. The screen doors have all been placed and painted at the Trabue Russell House. The back porches have also been painted.
2. The street department repaired and installed trim at the Trabue Russell House. The house was also pressure-washed by the street department.
3. A sign was ordered for the Trabue Russell House entrance. It will be placed at the bottom of the hill on Jamestown Street.
4. Tree limbs trimmed at the Trabue Russell House. Also, several limbs trimmed on right-of-ways throughout time.
5. Got catmint for planting at Trabue Russell House.
6. The street department has picked up around 50 loads of brush.
7. The gas department is doing leak surveys this month. Jerry Watson and Shawn White attended the Kentucky Gas meeting this month in Lexington.
8. Met with representatives from the LCADD this month.
9. Heating/cooling unit repaired again at the Little League Park.
10. Pine straw put down at Trabue Russell House.
11. The street department did the walkways on the square at the intersection of Burkesville Street and Jamestown Street.
12. Mowing on industrial park sign(s): Green River Commerce Park and South Highway 55.
13. Mowing of regulator stations.
14. Met with Little League Representation.
15. Mowing of city entrance signs.
16. Several right of ways mowed.
17. The 200th anniversary of the Trabue Russell House will be held on September 17 from 10 am until 2 pm. (Mel Hankla, national author, will be there to sign his books).
18. Thanks to a local citizen for buying breakfast for the city police at Dairy Queen.
19. A fundraiser for DARE was held at Dairy Queen.
20. Kentucky Fried Chicken held a ribbon-cutting for their opening date. (There will be a grand opening soon).
21. Cookout Restaurant is continuing progress on Jamestown Street.
22. The city gas department continues to put in new services.
23. July alcohol sales: $323,571.43
a. Regulatory fees: $14,120.50
b. Up almost $1600.00 from June
c. Violation (1) resolved
24. New sign installed at entrance to TrabueRussell House. Thank you Tim, Jackie, and Sam.
25. The Trail Town off of Highway 206 has been cleaned this month at entrance. There was a lot of garbage. We again urge people not to through out trash.
26. Lighting almost completed at the city park on Fairgrounds Street.
27. Parking lot striped at Trabue Russell House. The basketball courts at the city park at the Fairgrounds will be done soon.
28. We are getting together items for a small auction. Items are currently stored at the pavilion at the city park.
29. Thank you to Sam and Bryson for cleaning the downstairs at city hall.
30. Filters replaced at the Trabue Russell House.
31. Met with Lindsey Wilson College representatives on bonding issue.
32. Proclamation for Healthcare workers appreciation month. County judge and representatives from hospital, ambulance service attended.
33. Proclamation for Stanley Rich Week. Thanks to Stanley for his work ethic and commitment to community, church, and our country. He is a World War II veteran.
34. Met with OD Frazier on sanitation department.
35. Commendation for Evelyn Phelps, retiring after 64 years with the local Chevrolet dealerships.
This story was posted on 2021-09-13 09:08:35
Printable: this page is now automatically formatted for printing.
Have comments or corrections for this story? Use our contact form and let us know.
More articles from topic Local Government:
ARPA Committee Meeting
Eddie Rogers nominated for special election
Special Called Meeting of Columbia City Council Friday
No siren test on Monday
Special Called Meeting of Columbia City Council Tuesday
County offices closed Monday for Labor Day
Update: Special Called Board of Election Meeting now Sept 7
Adair County PVA Office holiday schedule
Special Called Board of Election Meeting
City of Columbia planning 2nd Drive-through Christmas
View even more articles in topic Local Government
Bank of Columbia
The Best of
Local Stories of
The Greatest Generation
Order Book or e-Book
See who's celebrating
Birthdays and Anniversaries
Special Events List
Contact us: Columbia Magazine and columbiamagazine.com are published by D'Zine, Ltd., PO Box 906, Columbia, KY 42728.