Dr. Ronald P. Rogers
Support for your body's natural healing capabilities
Click here for details
Click here for information
GUN & PAWN
What's Going On
Columbia Gas Dept.
GAS LEAK or GAS SMELL
24 hrs/ 365 days
270-384-2006 or 9-1-1
Call before you dig
Directory of Churches
phone numbers and more
for churches in Adair County
Find Great Stuff in
Antiques, Help Wanted,
Autos, Real Estate,
Legal Notices, More...
Adair County Fiscal Court Recap, August 10
By Gale B. Cowan
Adair County Judge Executive
The Adair County Fiscal Court met in a lengthy regular called fiscal court meeting on Tuesday night. Regular monthly items were addressed along with several Action Items on the agenda.
The Fiscal Court voted to amend the 2021 Sheriff's Salary Allotment and amended the Sheriff's budget to be able to hire 1 additional deputy to assist the Sheriff's Department
- Approved the Sheriff's 2020 Tax Settlement.
- Approved second reading and adopted an ordinance to amend the Jail Fees, raising the booking fees from $25.00 to $50.00
- Set the county tax rates... tax rates were left the same as last year... Real Property 14.5%, Personal Property 18.15%, water craft and motor vehicle at 11.20%
- The Court approved a $1.50 per hour raise for full time employees and $1.00 per hour raise for part time employees.
- A resolution was presented to pay employees "essential pay" from ARPA funds but was tabled until some further questions could be answered.
- The Animal Ordinance was brought up but after a long heated discussion the county attorney will make recommended changes and this will be brought up at a later date.
Some magistrates had brought up if we should consider moving our meetings back to the Jim Blair Center due to the rise in COVID cases. The court approved this recommendation and beginning with our next meeting on August 31, 2021, Adair County Fiscal Court meetings will be held back at the Jim Blair Center, 901 Hudson Street, Columbia. Some have said it's hard to hear everyone at this location, so we will see about moving microphones to the center.
This story was posted on 2021-08-11 08:09:17
Printable: this page is now automatically formatted for printing.
Have comments or corrections for this story? Use our contact form and let us know.
More articles from topic Local Government:
Regular Called Fiscal Court meeting, Tue 10 Aug 2021
Friday, August 6 will be a special day downtown
Monthly Siren Test Today
Road crews out working on downed trees
Columbia City Council Meeting, Mon 2 Aug 2021
Fiscal Court meeting recap
Regular Called Fiscal Court meeting
Adair Co. Hospital Board meeting agenda
Changes expected before 2nd reading of Kennel Ordinance
Synergy Food Group update
View even more articles in topic Local Government
Bank of Columbia
The Best of
Local Stories of
The Greatest Generation
Order Book or e-Book
See who's celebrating
Birthdays and Anniversaries
Special Events List
Contact us: Columbia Magazine and columbiamagazine.com are published by D'Zine, Ltd., PO Box 906, Columbia, KY 42728.