Dr. Ronald P. Rogers
Support for your body's natural healing capabilities
Click here for details
Click here for information
GUN & PAWN
What's Going On
Columbia Gas Dept.
GAS LEAK or GAS SMELL
24 hrs/ 365 days
270-384-2006 or 9-1-1
Call before you dig
Directory of Churches
phone numbers and more
for churches in Adair County
Find Great Stuff in
Antiques, Help Wanted,
Autos, Real Estate,
Legal Notices, More...
On This Site
or Click Here
Mayor's Report to Columbia City Council for May, 2021
By Pamela Hoots, Mayor, City of Columbia, KY
The month of May, 2021 has been an extremely busy month for the City of Columbia.
1. We have submitted the resolution and other documents in reference to an application for USDA Community Funding. This grant is 75-25 for computers and cameras for our police patrol vehicles.
2. We are working with the Lake Cumberland Area Development District for the Community Development Block Grant for the former Majestic Yacht property. Synergy Food Group will be using this for a food service facility.
3. We have submitted requested information for our grant approval on the splash pad. This will be placed at the park on Fairgrounds Street. RE: Land and Water Grant.
4. Attended a meeting on the next funding through American Rescue Plan.
5. All of the plant beds on the square were taken: Thanks to Kathy Hare family (Kaitlyn Crawhorn); Jenny Myers, Shannon Campbell and family, Plant Cell, Edward B. Jones Financial Group, UCB Bank, Gene and Joyce Hoots family (Paul and Cathy Abell), Lena Miller, and Nanwood Market.
6. Tile removed due to disrepair and replaced at the roadside park.
7. Streets blacktopped. Our thanks to Tim Smith for an excellent job in coordinating.
8. School officer contracts processed through city police department.
9. Attended the grand reopening of Columbia IGA. We appreciate their commitment to Columbia. Attended the grand opening of iGo ReGo on Sawmill Road.
10. Representatives of the company scheduled in the old Majestic Yacht building came to town and toured the site for their possible development.
11. Proclamation for Damon Hicks dance group, which won the nationals, Police Week, and for Prader-Willi Syndrome.
12. Approximately fifty loads of brush picked-up by city street department.
13. Cleaned brush and branches off of several areas in town.
14. Right-o-ways for city signs mowed.
15. Regulator stations mowed.
16. Hole dug, concreted for new flag pole at roadside park.
17. Met with engineer and facilities layout for the new manufacturing company. Thank you Jerry and Craig for helping.
18. Meeting with the Adair County Little League.
19. Flag presented to city hall by SOS from the local high school (Sources of Strength) in recognition of Mental Health Month.
20. Cleaned fountain on city square. Water outlets ready for summer.
21. Repair on button on elevator at city hall.
22. Met with Mark Givens from the local USDA.
23. New tile installed at the roadside park. Old tile removed (disrepair).
24. Lots of leaves again removed from ditchlines at the roadside park.
25. EDA meeting attended.
26. Dirt work done for flag installation at roadside park. It is to be dedicated to the veterans in our community.
27. Flags installed for Memorial Day. These flags were procured with donations from the public in honor of veterans.
28. Dedication held Memorial Day week to the flag at the roadside park. Signs being ordered to rename Columbia, Kentucky Veterans Park.
29. Screen doors ordered for the Trabue Russell House. Being installed. All four doors.
30. Sidewalk repair being done by Slattery Concrete.
31. The gas department continues to get requests for gas throughout the community.
32. Additional information submitted for grant for gas extension to the Milltown Church Road area.
33. Continue to mow park areas, and clean up. We do encourage people to please pick up their garbage.
34. ABC Revenues/Activity
a. March gross sales: $272,506.68
i. Reg. Fees $12,321.52
b. April gross sales: $293,584.19
i. Reg. Fees $13,321.52
c. Random visits: Five with no violations.
This story was posted on 2021-06-09 10:42:03
Printable: this page is now automatically formatted for printing.
Have comments or corrections for this story? Use our contact form and let us know.
More articles from topic Local Government:
Adair County Fiscal Court meeting, Tue 8 June 2021
Green River Industrial Park progress report
Agenda for Columbia City Council meeting, Mon 7 June 2021
Co. Clerk's Office is back online
Computer system outage at Co. Clerk's Office
Mayor provides update on Synergy Food Group plans
Flower beds on the square
EDA Board Special Called Meeting Tuesday, June 1
Fiscal Court recap: Relief monies in, new Jailer hired
Fiscal Court meets today at Jim Blair Center
View even more articles in topic Local Government
Bank of Columbia
If You're Thinking of Selling,
Let Us Do the Yelling
Principal Broker & Auctioneer
Burton Real Estate
& Auction Service
Call Us For Appraisals
Click for Listings
The Best of
Local Stories of
The Greatest Generation
Order Book or e-Book
See who's celebrating
Birthdays and Anniversaries
Special Events List
Contact us: Columbia Magazine and columbiamagazine.com are published by D'Zine, Ltd., PO Box 906, Columbia, KY 42728.