Dr. Ronald P. Rogers
Support for your body's natural healing capabilities
Click here for details
Click here for information
GUN & PAWN
What's Going On
Columbia Gas Dept.
GAS LEAK or GAS SMELL
24 hrs/ 365 days
270-384-2006 or 9-1-1
Call before you dig
Directory of Churches
phone numbers and more
for churches in Adair County
Find Great Stuff in
Antiques, Help Wanted,
Autos, Real Estate,
Legal Notices, More...
On This Site
or Click Here
Adair school bus safety guidelines start Thursday
By Steve Burton
Maintenance & Transportation Director
The Adair County School Transportation Department is excited to announce that face to face instruction will begin on Thursday, September 24th.
Our drivers are so happy to be able to see those smiling faces of our kiddos step onto our buses again.
Due to Covid-19 Transportation Guidelines, we wanted to remind everyone of a few important notes and changes to our School Bus Transportation System Procedures during this unprecedented time.
Below are a few key points to please take into consideration this year.
* All students must wear a mask at All times while being transported on the bus. This includes Pre-K and K-12 students.
* All students will have an assigned seat on their bus to aide in contact tracing.
* School doors will open up at 7:10amCT at each school for bus drop-offs and car drop-offs.
* Hand sanitizer will be provided for all students upon entry of the school bus.
* All buses will be sanitized between re-loading of students onto the bus.
* Windows will be cracked to help with proper ventilation when weather permits.
* Buses with a monitor will check children's temperatures as they enter the bus. Students on buses without a monitor will have their temperatures checked upon arrival at schools.
* Primary and Elementary aged students will sit towards the front on all buses to help ensure that we can monitor those students with masks as closely as possible.
* Student attendance will be recorded each day to comply with Transportation Guidelines.
* Students will not be allowed to bring bus notes or have bus notes called in to ride home with other students or other destinations other than their normal afternoon destination. This decision has been put in place to help protect and ensure contract tracing guidelines.*
Please note that as Transportation Guidelines change we will adjust our procedures to correctly accommodate those changes.
This story was posted on 2020-09-21 07:05:42
Printable: this page is now automatically formatted for printing.
Have comments or corrections for this story? Use our contact form and let us know.
More articles from topic Education:
Safety, sensitivity, security subject of first CU chapel
Meal schedule for Adair County Schools
Vigil for Vicki tonight, 17 Sept 2020 at 7pmCT
Back to school begins face-to-face in Adair 24 Sept 2020
Week 2 kits for Virtual Camp SAFARI ready at ACES today
ACES Family Resource Center Advisory Council to meet
ACHS Students named Senator Jeff Green Scholars by KHEAA
ACHS monthly Site-Based Decision Making Council meeting
ACPC Build A Book Materials Pick Up
Adair County 4-H Cloverbuds Program Registration
View even more articles in topic Education
Bank of Columbia
If You're Thinking of Selling,
Let Us Do the Yelling
Principal Broker & Auctioneer
Burton Real Estate
& Auction Service
Call Us For Appraisals
Click for Listings
The Best of
Local Stories of
The Greatest Generation
Order Book or e-Book
See who's celebrating
Birthdays and Anniversaries
Special Events List
Contact us: Columbia Magazine and columbiamagazine.com are published by D'Zine, Ltd., PO Box 906, Columbia, KY 42728.